As the Burrito Burns

Step into the surrealishious and amazing world of Mexico as told through the eyes and mind of a teacher who has spent the past 20 years living in the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta. A wide range of experiences stretching from the serious to the sublime: living, working, marrying, birthing, teaching, eating, drinking, frolicking and fraternizing and so much more. There is so much to see and do, to tell and be told the list never gets old here at "As the Burrito Burns."

Friday, May 05, 2006

Another Long Weekend!

It's at times like this that I really love Mexico. Once again we are celebrating a Mexican holiday/three day weekend better known as Cinco de Mayo. No doubt there will be parades and celebrations honoring the battle of Puebla in which the Mexicans defeated the French troops and sent them packing. They've been celebrating ever since and I'm glad of that! Bring it on!
The weather is spectacular, there are no crowds, heavy traffic or over-populated beaches. It's actually a great time to be here and there are quite a few deals to be had.
Our favourite couch jumper is here in town and I'm talking about Tom Cruise in the new Mission Impossible III which I'm quite sure is full of tons of implausible action and over-the-top hoopla but I still want to see it. Speaking of hoopla, the circus is STILL here which has to be a record. One of my friends went last night after managing to snag twofers in the best section, so I'll have to wait for her assessment. I've heard from others, it's really good but somehow I just can't get motivated to go to "Las Vegas" during my spare time. I've been burned too many times by sketchy acts involving shady characters in freakish outfits and sadly neglected animals reduced to performing humiliating acts at the crack of a whip--and those were the good shows! Don't get me started on "Barbie on Ice" and similar side shows from the depths of circus pergatory. I'll stick to Dr. Phil and Oprah for my entertainment, Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home