As the Burrito Burns

Step into the surrealishious and amazing world of Mexico as told through the eyes and mind of a teacher who has spent the past 20 years living in the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta. A wide range of experiences stretching from the serious to the sublime: living, working, marrying, birthing, teaching, eating, drinking, frolicking and fraternizing and so much more. There is so much to see and do, to tell and be told the list never gets old here at "As the Burrito Burns."

Friday, April 14, 2006

Easter Vacay.

We are almost halfway through our two week Easter vacation and I feel like I'm just hitting my stride. I have got the recipe for maintaining sanity and it's the same strategy friends of mine use when they go to Disney Land; get up early and leave before the crowds arrive, and don't go out unless it's an emergency!

Case in point: The grocery store in our area is large and normally efficient, but during these holidays, timing is everything. I made the mistake of ducking in the other day for a needed item but it was a few minutes after 11:30 am and a total zoo. The "caja rapida" (10 items and cash only) was closed and the lines snaked through the aisles. I left. This morning, however, I rode my bike over bright and early, there were no crowds, the "caja rapida" was open and operating smoothly. Yes! I actually enjoyed my outing and will stick to that routine.

Don't even think about going to the beach during this vacation. It's like the Europeans who close down and leave during the month of August to avoid the summer crowds. I am "hunkering down" in our apt. doing home projects, grading exams, baking, reading and watching lots of T.V. That's maintaining sanity! See ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home