As the Burrito Burns

Step into the surrealishious and amazing world of Mexico as told through the eyes and mind of a teacher who has spent the past 20 years living in the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta. A wide range of experiences stretching from the serious to the sublime: living, working, marrying, birthing, teaching, eating, drinking, frolicking and fraternizing and so much more. There is so much to see and do, to tell and be told the list never gets old here at "As the Burrito Burns."

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday Musings...

I have a short break between third quarter exams so I thought I would just throw down a few musings:

This is the last week of school before Easter Break and the last week of relative peace in this Town before we get hit in the smackeroo by thousands and thousands of vacationers ready to party. The only ones who are happy about this development are my two teenagers who are of the opinion that the more the merrier. Party on, dude.

The weather is still spectacular and the heat has not set in...yet. The cool mornings have been a balm to my soul and I just wish they would last, but it's not to be and the humidity is just lurking behind the next cloud waiting to spring on us here in the tropics.

The parents are only here until the end of the week and then it's back to Canada. It's been so great having them here and I think they've had a good time judging by all the things they done and all the places they've eaten. I think they decided their fave eateries include Dacquiri Dick's and Archies Wok but they also found a couple of little places for just coffee and cheesecake that were pretty tasty!

We have reflective material pasted on our windows here at the School and there's a woodpecker who likes to pay me a daily visit by battering his bill against the window. He obviously sees himself and is attacking his own image, but since woodpeckers are not known for their intelligence, I wonder if he even knows this? Sometimes he begins his pecking while I'm teaching which of course causes the entire class to break out laughing. I'm thinking of glueing a picture of a nasty-looking cat to the outside of the window to see if that doesn't curb his excitement.

More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home