As the Burrito Burns

Step into the surrealishious and amazing world of Mexico as told through the eyes and mind of a teacher who has spent the past 20 years living in the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta. A wide range of experiences stretching from the serious to the sublime: living, working, marrying, birthing, teaching, eating, drinking, frolicking and fraternizing and so much more. There is so much to see and do, to tell and be told the list never gets old here at "As the Burrito Burns."

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Shopping Michelin Style!

Get a load of this shopping excursion!
A friend of mine owns a consignment store here in Vallarta and I had taken her some used clothes last June or July. Well, she recently wrote me to say that she had some cash for me and that she was also having a sale at her store, so I grabbed my pal Lisa and headed on over.
When we got there she explained the rules of her sale. She said that she wanted to liquidate her current merchandise to make room for the "new" stuff so she was allowing any clients to take home as many clothes as they could fit on their body for $200 pesos ($20 US) and we were like: "say what?"
Well, you should have seen us work that system! I took pants, blouses, sweaters and whatever I thought would accent my current happening wardrope and proceeded towards the change room to try it all on. I even found a few nice shirts that I thought would suit the hubby. So, after trying it all on and discovering that I liked most of it, I walked over to my friend's desk and said: "Are you ready?" She just laughed and said: "ready!"
Well, I started wih the pants. Each pair I put on she would take the ticket off and prepare for the next layer. After I had on 3 pairs over my original pants, I started with the blouses. I managed to layer those with the smallest first and the loosest later and I also fit in a sweater and the shirts for my hubby. By the time I put on the last shirt, it was so tight I could only get it on half way and then I remembered the custom leather boots that I wanted! "If you can get 'em on they're yours," she said. Dang! By that time I was a total Michelin Man and could barely bend over and I was sweating like a stuck pig! I felt heart palpitations as I bent over to crank up the many layers of pants in an effort to make way for the custom boots and I thought to myself what an inglorious death this would be if I just kacked right now looking like a giant pinata! Well, I was determined to leave with the boots so it became somewhat of an epic battle to get those puppies on. Once I stood up victoriously, I felt like I had won some special challenge! (more like specially challenged shopper!) Anyway, then she says that if I cough up the $200 pesos, it's all mine and I'm like: "Um, I think You owe me some money!" Too true! She gave me $300 pesos and I went home a little worse for wear and tear but a lot better off in the clothing department. My friend Lisa did so well she said: "I'll go shopping with you anytime!" What a great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home