As the Burrito Burns

Step into the surrealishious and amazing world of Mexico as told through the eyes and mind of a teacher who has spent the past 20 years living in the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta. A wide range of experiences stretching from the serious to the sublime: living, working, marrying, birthing, teaching, eating, drinking, frolicking and fraternizing and so much more. There is so much to see and do, to tell and be told the list never gets old here at "As the Burrito Burns."

Monday, September 12, 2005

Siete Hambres.

The locals call the month of September the seven hungers since it represents the deepest of the low season depths. Very few tourists visit us in September since it's hot, humid, rainy and generally uncomfortable although there is the odd person who claims to enjoy this temporada for it's spectacular storms. Hmmm, I'll take November now, please! I find our lives revolve around air-conditioning at this time of year. When I'm out walking, I will often duck into a store just for respite from the pounding heat. I don't want to get out of my car at times and as soon as I get home, I head for the bedroom and crank the air. I do this after almost 20 years of tropical living during which time my blood is supposed to have thinned, so I can only imagine how the newly arrived must suffer. Ugh! I know people who won't set foot in Vallarta at this time of year and I can't blame them. I am longing for those chilly early mornings when getting up and going outside is really pleasurable and a person can actually use a sweater late at night. What a concept. Only a month and a half to go...tick, tock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home