As the Burrito Burns

Step into the surrealishious and amazing world of Mexico as told through the eyes and mind of a teacher who has spent the past 20 years living in the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta. A wide range of experiences stretching from the serious to the sublime: living, working, marrying, birthing, teaching, eating, drinking, frolicking and fraternizing and so much more. There is so much to see and do, to tell and be told the list never gets old here at "As the Burrito Burns."

Friday, May 13, 2005

Blog-a-licious!

I said the Burning Burrito was NOT a cooking class but today is Friday the 13th and I've had a number of unexpected successes and failures, the most notable being the absolute and frustrating disappearance of my short term memory! Are the abuses of the 70's finally taking their toll? I can't for the life of me, remember my pin number! I stood in front of the automatic teller today and drew a giant blank. Try as I might, those four elusive digits would not surface and I walked out of the "booth" feeling rather like an idiot. My friend has a name for this condition: Teflon Brain. Nothing sticks! Has it come to this?
Well, in an effort to salvage the day, we decided to get some tasty groceries and I got creative in the kitchen, which brings me (finally!) to the main topic of this BLOG. I created a true "fusion" dish which my hhuny declared "rico, chulada!" which in our house is the consummate seal of approval. On that note, I decided to share this concoction with my dahhhling readers and this is how it goes: Mex-eek Chicken Breasts (Mexico fuses with Greece...Yikes!)

In a pre-heated fry pan, squirt some Kraft Greek salad dressing into the pan. (Now being sold at Mega Commer.)
Lay chicken breasts on mixture and cover. Meanwhile, chop up fresh mushrooms and broccoili florets and add to pan. Cover to steam. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top followed by a few heaping tablespoons of fresh Mexican salsa. Cover and cook on low heat until breasts are
tender. Serve with queso cotija sprinkled on top (instead of salt).

Serve to guests while simultaneously throwing plates againt the wall and yelling "OOPA!" while dressed in sarape and sombrero for the full fusion effect. OLE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home