As the Burrito Burns

Step into the surrealishious and amazing world of Mexico as told through the eyes and mind of a teacher who has spent the past 20 years living in the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta. A wide range of experiences stretching from the serious to the sublime: living, working, marrying, birthing, teaching, eating, drinking, frolicking and fraternizing and so much more. There is so much to see and do, to tell and be told the list never gets old here at "As the Burrito Burns."

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Shoreline

My pedometer has led me to an internet cafe called Gloria Jeans downtown. I gather the name comes from the brand of coffee they serve and I have to say, it's quite delicious. According to the pedometer, I am 2,238 steps from Marbella or 1.83 miles so once I get home, that's a decent morning workout.
Yesterday I had a date with the Bobbsey twins-"Flotsam and Jetsum". I found a dirt road leading to the beach and went for a long jog on the beach and as the tide was still very high, there were lots of floating "treats" in the wake. I saw a dead blow fish, small pieces of driftwood, an interesting coconut covered with barnacles, the odd broken shell and a rubber sandal. Interesting. Concentrating on that kind of thing takes my mind off the huff and puff of the jog and the end of the beach came sooner than later. There weren't many people out as we head into the low season, just some guy jogging with his two pit bulls. All in all, it was a pleasant change of pace and I rewarded myself with a carton of orange juice on the way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home