As the Burrito Burns

Step into the surrealishious and amazing world of Mexico as told through the eyes and mind of a teacher who has spent the past 20 years living in the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta. A wide range of experiences stretching from the serious to the sublime: living, working, marrying, birthing, teaching, eating, drinking, frolicking and fraternizing and so much more. There is so much to see and do, to tell and be told the list never gets old here at "As the Burrito Burns."

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A New Discovery.

On a recent visit, my Canadian friend Nicole gifted me with a talking pedometer and it has become my new best friend. This tiny gizmo goes with me everywhere and in my concerted effort to walk my way to a better me, I have become a City Explorer.

Oprah Winfrey told all of us in T.V. land the other day that a good physical fitness objective is to walk 10,000 steps each day. Once I got my pedometer, I became somewhat obssessed with reaching that goal. It's quite challenging when you consider that 6,3000 steps is equal to about 5.21 miles. I've been taking long walks in the evening through the streets of Vallarta and attempt to switch my route from time to time just to keep it fresh. I found a nice detour that leads to the beach and everyone knows walking in the sand is much more of a workout. Anyway, yesterday I was walking along the beach heading towards town and I came across a new establishment that caught my eye due to its attractive design. It turns out it's a new restaurant/beach club called "Papagayo" and what makes it different is the layout. It has plenty of comfy loungers, hammocks, and even some couches facing the ocean. It's all set up around a giant palapa which offers bar seating, equipales, etc. The menu is simple beach fare and the beer is reasonably priced, so what's not to like? I even had a brief chat with the manager, Richard, who suits the role to a T since he is tan, buff, blonde and did I say buff?
Papagayo is now on the list for our next T.G.I.F. and I have high hopes that it will be a good place to hangout when the soul craves the sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home