As the Burrito Burns

Step into the surrealishious and amazing world of Mexico as told through the eyes and mind of a teacher who has spent the past 20 years living in the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta. A wide range of experiences stretching from the serious to the sublime: living, working, marrying, birthing, teaching, eating, drinking, frolicking and fraternizing and so much more. There is so much to see and do, to tell and be told the list never gets old here at "As the Burrito Burns."

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mexican Stair Master and Coco's Kitchen

The only way not to feel too guilty about eating the breakfast at Coco's Kitchen over the holidays is to put on the miles! This morning we managed a solid 10,799 steps or 5.11 miles and that included the dreaded Mexican stairmaster!! I'm not one for stairs but I succembed to peer group pressure and got dragged into the climb. It's only 211 steps (says Candace) to which I replied, "only?!" Huff, puff and a way we go. The way I get this all accomplished is through visualization. What am I visualizing? Breakfast, of course and not just any old breakfast but the serenity of Coco's back patio. I've been talking a lot about this establishment on Calle Pulpito just a block or so up from the beach but it's because they make some wicked eggs Benedict with spinach, tomato and bacon. I finally remembered to photograph them BEFORE I messed them up with my fork. I get excited by a good breakfast as it's always been a tradition in my family to enjoy some bacon and eggs on the weekends. Over the Easter holidays I've had the luxury of enjoying quite a few good brekkies but the largesse has to come to an end (God knows what my cholestrol count is!) and the holidays are drawing to a close. It's certainly been great to share all this walking/talking time with my friends and now that I'm all caught up on the affairs of most everyone in town, I can resume my normal life. Back to the Steel cut Irish Oats and lowfat lifestyle. It's been a nice ride!









Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home