As the Burrito Burns

Step into the surrealishious and amazing world of Mexico as told through the eyes and mind of a teacher who has spent the past 20 years living in the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta. A wide range of experiences stretching from the serious to the sublime: living, working, marrying, birthing, teaching, eating, drinking, frolicking and fraternizing and so much more. There is so much to see and do, to tell and be told the list never gets old here at "As the Burrito Burns."

Friday, November 10, 2006

Shopping 101

My introduction to shopping 101 truly got underway in Sacramento. My friend Karla is the queen of shopping and knows where all the deals are (she used to work at Nordstom's) and since it was sort of a pre-Christmas season, I was on a mission to fulfill the wish lists of my family, with the odd thing thrown in for myself. Well, I remember starting at the huge TARGET store earylish in the morning and was just amazed at the selection and the prices!! No wonder so many people talk about what a great deal it is. Just the selection of Christmas baubles was incredible and there were sections of the store we never even perused. It was overwhelming, but in a good way and I think I got a great selection of gifts without doing too much damage to my wallet. I would definitely go there again! I also got to understand how people can easily max out their credit cards since it's easy to enter a state of shopping frenzy thanks to the sheer cornucopia of goodies and the ridiculously low prices!

Another store we visited in the area was Nordstrom's Rack which I learned is designer clothing and merchandise at bargain prices. We had such a great time at the sales racks pulling out all sorts of surprising deals and there were plenty of other ladies doing the same. The selection of stuff boggled the mind!

Another GREAT store is Ross (dress for less) I believe it's called and this place was chock-a-block full of deals. Man oh man, I hardly knew where to begin. All I can say is that we spent a good amount of time and found some excellent bargoons!! By the end of the day, I had pretty well covered everything on my list and I still had another day to go, so Karla suggested a drive up to Lake Tahoe and we both kept our fingers crossed that the weather would cooperate. Boy, were we ever lucky when we woke up on Saturday morning to a blue sky and plenty of sunshine! Road trip!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home