As the Burrito Burns

Step into the surrealishious and amazing world of Mexico as told through the eyes and mind of a teacher who has spent the past 20 years living in the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta. A wide range of experiences stretching from the serious to the sublime: living, working, marrying, birthing, teaching, eating, drinking, frolicking and fraternizing and so much more. There is so much to see and do, to tell and be told the list never gets old here at "As the Burrito Burns."

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Cruisin' in the Hood.

I recently purchased a bike and not just any old bike, but a "Cruiser" with a difference. I found this baby hanging from the bike rack at the new Coppel on a trip a few weeks ago to the Soriana Plaza. On a hunch, I went into the store to check out the selection with no great expectations and much to my delight, there it was! I knew as soon as I allowed my eyes to rove over the custom pink and black paint job with the hibiscus flower details on the seat that it was destiny. I bought it immediately and my skeptical hubby helped me wrestle it into the back of our small car questioning my decision repeatedly. How can you expect a man to understand this type of impromptu shopping?
This is my second week of riding the bike to school and back and it's the highlight of my day. I have mastered the speed bumps, agressive drivers and even purchased a gold "coronet" honker to warn pedestrians of my impending approach. The hubby drives, the kids are walking and I am riding my cruiser into a heightened state of staisfaction. I would say the investment has already paid off and as long as the weather cooperates, I'll be found cruisin' the hood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home